Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer of One Sock -- The Endless Toe

Ok, I've finished the Tonks Monkey Sock. Twice. And ripped it out. Twice. The toe was too long. Twice. And it's been four rows too long. Twice.
How does that happen? I swear, if it's too long this time, it's going into hibernation. The good news is that my sister won't be back until the weekend, and the toe is only 18 rows. But man, I am getting out of the mood. And silly me, I cast on the second sock before she tried the first sock on again. So, when the sock was too long, I had to take the second sock--all four rows of it--off the needles to finish the first sock. Poor planning. Especially since, now that I think about it, I could have just knit the second sock, finished it, then ripped out the toe of the first. Ack!

2 comments:

Akaijen (Knitting Sutra) said...

Yow! You and I are knitting in the same place, I think. Hang in there!

jennifersm said...

Thanks for your encouragement! How can I find your blog?