Monday, August 6, 2007

One down, one to go

Check this out:



Could it be? It's a Nymphadora Tonks Monkey sock that fits my sister's foot. It FITS! (Ignore the ends to be woven in; I refuse to weave until I know it fits, plus I may have to redo the grafting).

But what could that be next to finished sock no. 1?



Yes! It's sock no. 2 in progress! I've finished the four pattern repeats I'm doing for the cuff and am about to start the heel flap. I like to do the heel in one sitting, so I may not get to it until nighttime. Oh, and that cool purple gadget is a dpn holder I got at Woolgirl and it's great!

And who could resist yarn from Woolgirl? Not me!

Tippy Toes from Whimzy Pimzy to make booties for my niece-to-be:



Union Center Knits in Kitty's Eyes:



(I'm thinking of getting coordinating skeins in Green or Not Pink for heels and toes).

The Painted Tiger self-patterning Stars & Stripes Forever yarn:



(I've been ogling this on etsy since early July).

And my recent purchases from The Loopy Ewe:

sKNITches Syncopation self-striping in Collegiate:




and Beardsley:



and Yarn Love Juliet (I've been dying to try this) in Shipwrecked:


5 comments:

Embryo1 said...

Ok, I think you have almost as much stash as Mom. You have a sock yarn disease, but you did buy beautiful stuff. And the photography is quite lovely as well. Can't wait for the second sock to be done.... so I can wear them!

Akaijen (Knitting Sutra) said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you managed to finish that sock! I'm very curious about that dpn contraption, though. How does it work? Is it eating the sock??

Anonymous said...

oh pretty pretty BLUE sock!
love ti!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the kitty eye coloway.

Shelby said...

I absolutely love how the Tonks sock is coming out! So cool to see!!