Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I thought I was stalled out before...

I'm so tired I can hardly see. The kids have been so sick. Those of you who are interested in knitting, skip the next paragraph.

I've had at least one child at the doctor every day since Thursday (that was an all-clear ear check visit for Baby Girl, who had an ear infection two weeks ago, developed one over the weekend, and now has a double ear infection with a ruptured membrane), and spoke with doctors on Friday night and on Sunday when the office was closed. I've been giving four fever baths a day, on average, several with two children in the tub. Sometimes, they wake up from sleep and have to go straight from bed to the tub. And everyone cries in the tub. They've been spiking fevers between 104 and 105F and break through the Tylenol and/or Motrin. I've had two separate and isolated (thank goodness) incidents of vomiting. We've been up in the night dosing them with Motrin to keep the fevers down. Boy E's fever broke today and he's in fine; of course, that may have to do with the antibiotics he was put on yesterday when he was diagnosed with an ear infection. Boy J was still spiking a high fever this morning, and was up a lot in the night. At the doctor this morning, he was diagnosed with an ear infection. When I got home with Boy J, Baby Girl had yellow fluid coming out of her ear, so right back to the pediatrician we went for that double ear infection diagnosis. Then, this afternoon, Boy M went back to the doctor because of his high fever, but his ears are clear. And it goes without saying that we're nebulizing the boys three times daily. Poor boys: their third birthday was yesterday, and I think they enjoyed it as much as they could when their fevers were down, but it's not anything anyone would want for his or her birthday. And my husband and nanny both have bronchitis. My dad has something awful, and my mom is getting sick as well (although it didn't stop her from making dinner and dropping it off for me--she's the best). Our babysitter is also sick. But fortunately for us, one of our old babysitters is home on spring break, and she's helping out. I'm not sure if my sinus infection is returning, but I don't have time to find out.

Suffice it to say, my knitting has suffered. I've cast on the Scarlet Fleece to make the Wildhorse Farm Stillwater socks, but I've only knit 1.5 rows of ribbing. And I have to knit on US 1 to get gauge. I'm not optimistic about finishing, but I am starting to find my groove with the yarn.

I'm also progressing slowly on the KPS Bulky vest. It's stockinette with garter stitch over the first and last three stitches, but remarkably, I've been too tired to focus on that, too. Although when Boy M sees me pull it out, he tells me he wants one, so I guess I'd better get cracking!

I also got some good yarn, and some more coming, but I'll have to write about it later. Photos are a long shot.

1 comment:

Embryo1 said...

Glad everyone is getting better! I think your sock knit-a-long should give you a bye this month.