Thursday, March 29, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange

Because I don't get sidetracked enough. Because it sounds like fun. Because it's a one-time exchange, and that's a commitment I think I can make. Because the Enablers spell "favorite" the British way, with that slightly exotic "u". It's the Knitters Treat Exchange! Here I go!

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn? Wool, the softer the better. I'm currently loving hand-painted/hand-dyed.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn? Novelty yarn, synthetics.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? I cruise the new yarn.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do? I needlepoint when I find the time (read: not much lately), and crochet on occasion.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to? National Geographic, US Weekly (guilty pleasure!), Everyday Food, Everyday with Rachel Ray, Cook's Country, Vogue Knitting.

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden

Celebrity Gossip, Food/Knitting, Crochet, Fashion (just can't keep up), Home, Garden/Other Craft

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet? Lately, I'm into socks, but I've been simultaneously working on sweaters for my toddlers, hats (infant, toddler and adult), gloves (adult), mittens (toddler/adult), and baby blankets.

8. Are you allergic to anything? Well, since we're talking about treats outside of knitting treats, I'm allergic to nuts, melon (I don't expect anyone to send melons, but extracts of allergens used in things like lotions can make trouble for me)

9. What do you like to* smell of?
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of) Lavender

10. What's your favourite way to relax? Go to a quiet place without children and knit and catch up on movies.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first? The old-fashioned bakery.

12. What do you come out with? Butter cookies and those spritz sandwich cookies with the rasperry jam filling and partial chocolate dip.

13. Where do you go next? Probably the tea room--going for tea in London was so delightful, I wouldn't mind recreating it.

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? Just looking forward to some fun and the excitement of receiving a mystery package!

No comments: