Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Where was I?

Well, it's March 27. I've just started turning the heel of my first sock for March. By the way, it's not even the Stillwater sock; that's been abandoned. I'm making a more basic sock with the Scarlet Fleece, but my thinking is that I'm not going to finish them in March.

Here's the good news: the third round of antibiotics is finally working on the horrible sinus infection I've had for the last month. The headache and jaw-ache have finally abated. The kids are better so I can finally attend to myself (a little bit). Knock on wood, we're out of the woods.

We had fabulous weather, so I kept the kids outside after preschool. One would think they'd be exhausted, but today was "Give all our pacifiers to our friend's baby sister because we're not babies anymore" Day. Suffice it to say, the two boys who used pacis are not happy. Oh, they were at the time we bagged them up and gave them to the baby's mommy (who made a big deal about it, so fabulous!), but not at naptime when they were rooting around for them, and not at bedtime. They're still awake, but not complaining about the pacis--big shout out to Grandma who bought them these ages ago but never gave them to the boys. I broke them out at naptime and they've helped a lot.

So back to knitting. I've nearly finished the KPS Hooded Vest for Baby Girl; I just have to kitchener the hood, weave in ends, and buy and sew in the zipper(!), which I think I may have the tailor do. The last time I sewed anything (other than for some knitting finishing) was in 8th grade Home Ec. It's really cute, and Boy M actually keeps saying, "I want one" every time he sees me pull it out. I may actually get around to ordering the yarn.

I'm also making this adorable baby hat, the Tilli Tomas Flurries Baby Beanie. It's pretty mindless and fast--perfect for watching "Dancing With the Stars"--such a guilty pleasure! Fortunately, it's knitting up fast (a little slower than expected because of the beads, but nothing major). My girlfriend is due at the end of May, and I've made negative progress on my other knitted objects for her.

Again, no pictures, but can you blame me? I'm ever hopeful I'll get to it!

No comments: