Saturday, May 19, 2007

So much for May Flowers

Yeah, I think that Timberline sock is going on the back burner again. I just about finished the garter stitch wedge toe when I tried it on. (Yes, Ms. Lucy Neatby says to try it on often, but did I think the toe would be nearly finished after doing the three repeats of the decrease on the first row and garter on the other three?) Plus, the toe was just too wide! So now I'm going to take it back into the stockinette and start the toe earlier in the pattern so that the sock isn't too wide. But frankly, I'm not in the mood. I feel Perchance to Knit's Irises calling to me--I've been toting it around in my knitting bag (I have that big Namaste knitting messenger bag with the expandable zipper, perfect if you're like me and not sure which project you'll be in the mood to work on) along with Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks (sneaked out of Mom's library, not that she's ever knit socks) and More Sensational Knitted Socks. Maybe I'll give that a try. In fact, I think I'll go now! And...it can still be May Flowers! Irises are in bloom here.

Also, the Knitting Gnome Swap has begun! Gnorm and Gnuman the Gnomes have begun their travels, and it looks like they're having a great time! Check them out here. Now, if only I could save buttons to my blog. I've read a couple of tutorials, but for some reason, it still doesn't work. Can anyone help? Please?!

No comments: