Saturday, June 9, 2007

Knitting and ripping and Harry Potter

Ok, so the boys have mostly given up naptime. I'm exhausted. So exhausted that I screwed up my Monkey Socks in Shelby's Nymphadora Tonks colorway and had to take them down three rows at 11:30 at night. And I had picked Monkey Socks because I made them before, they look great, and they look more complicated than they are.

Yes, I'm knitting in anticipation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm also re-reading the books, and am up to Prisoner of Azkaban. Unfortunately, I'm reading at an uncharacteristically slow pace, because of the lack of time to read. I may yet get some knitting time back: the boys have napped for the past two days, but I didn't use the time for knitting. I napped yesterday, and saw Ocean's Thirteen today with my sister and her boyfriend). Working against the hope of some naptime knitting time is the fact that Boy M started running a fever today, which if history proves true, will spread to the others this week. I'm just hoping he'll just keep it to himself!

Today was really busy, too, with little time for knitting. We had our first family photos taken today by Julie Walton Shaver. It was fun but exhausting--the whole extended family was there, because, as my mom told me when I found out I was pregnant with triplets and totally freaked out, the triplets are a family project. Julie left a message that there are some really good photos, so now we can't wait to see them!

I also started working again on my secret project. I think I'll take progress photos and post them when the time is right. Of course, I've also screwed that up late at night and had to rip that back too, but what's to be expected when I'm up between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m., and prime knitting time begins about 10:30 p.m.!

And finally, I scored some Vesper sock yarn! I've been eyeing the stuff for months, but never was able to find any in stock. On Friday night, I hit jackpot: the site had been updated about 45 minutes earlier and almost all of the yarns were in stock. I bought two skeins and can't wait for them to arrive! I'll post pictures then--I know, that's what I always say, but hey, as of June 18, the boys will be in camp three days a week, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. With all that time, I'm sure I can find some time to photograph stash during daylight hours! One skein is definitely destined for Jaywalkers. Like everything else, I'm behind in knitting and have never made Jaywalkers, or Clapotis, though in fairness to me, the patterns hit when I was first pregnant with the triplets (Clapotis) and when the triplets were about six months old (Jaywalkers).

Oh, I've joined another swap, too: Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap. It's good for me because I love to travel and see new places, and will not be able to do so for another few years. I love to get a sense of another culture and another country--it's one of the reasons why I like foreign films: even if the movie stinks, I can still see another country and get a sense of how people live. Actually, now that I think about it, this vicarious travel thing kind of what the Knitting Gnome Swap is about, too. Guess I have to get my travel fix however I can!

No comments: