Monday, August 20, 2007

Fresh on the needles!

Because I didn't have enough WIPs on the needles, I cast on two more projects.

*WARNING*

It is a gray and rainy day, there is no good light anywhere, so these pictures are extraordinarily bad. I saw the online tutorial on building your own light box, but I'm not even deluding myself that I can get around to doing it before, say, the kids go to college.

*WARNING*

Summer Solstice socks in Yarn Pirate Rum Runner:



I've only done a few pattern repeats on the leg, but so far, it's a fun and easy pattern. It's also easy to remember, which helps when you're up all night in two ERs trying to get treatment for your sister who has a rapidly spreading infection (don't even ask, but she finally got treated, and after allergic reactions to at least two antibiotics, she is slowly getting better).

Clapotis in Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb in Iris Garden:



I'm having a good time with this, too, but it seems really wide, and I'm not a shawl kind of girl. I'm trying to thing of it as a really wide scarf. I'm almost done with Section Two, the increase rows; I think Section Three is where I get to drop stitches. Woo-hoo! (And yes, that is Doc Hudson, the Fabulous Hudson Hornet, keeping the work from curling in the photo).

I have new stash, plus two great small project pouches from Piddleloop that were a gift from my mom. No way am I taking pictures today! But they are awesome!

And despite horrible craziness the past two weeks, we have a joyous occasion: Baby Girl is TWO on Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

despite the grey day, that rum runner colorway is very pretty.

i like the summer solistice pattern i keep seeing around. I wonder when it is they release it? because i'm one of those poor kids who can't afford to be int he club. is it a year? anyways i'll have tow rite a sticky note to check back there in whatever time it is! cause it should make a very pretty sock!

jennifersm said...

Hi, Jen. The Summer Solstice pattern is a Heartstrings pattern (I think I bought it at The Loopy Ewe) and wasn't part of the Yarn Pirate Booty Club. I'm enjoying the colorway, and hope she releases it soon so you can enjoy it too!

Embryo1 said...

You've made so much progress so quickly on the Clapotis-I'm impressed. And yes, she did manage to knit in between consoling me in the ER. She is a true miracle-worker. Can Doc Hudson come over to my place for help with knitting? I bet he is useful when checking gauge...