Friday, September 7, 2007

Summer Solstice waning

I've knit about 1/3 the length of the instep,

and I'm still worrying about this heel:




I think the heel is too narrow, but it's hard to tell--I can't figure out if the heel is too narrow while it's still on the needles, and I don't know that I want to put the stitches on waste yarn, or just rip it out and find another heel that will be more comfortable.

And on a marginally related note: that blob that ate my knitting corner in January is back! And I'm trying to get it out!

2 comments:

mpsych said...

Oh the agony and ecstasy of knitting socks. As a new sock knitter, I admire your tenacity. And what about having to frog those teeny tiny stitches! The blanket is fabulous. Although I am the recipient, I am totally unbiased. A universe of knitters would agree with me. I love love love it and the daughters who made it for me. Now about that border, is there a delay?????lol

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

You must think I am a "heel"!!!! I feel so terrible! I dropped the ball on this KVVS box. I was waiting for one item to come in, and then I got really sick and am still struggling. I feel AWFUL!! I kept meaning to write you, and time just got away. I know, excuses, excuses!! I promise I will make it up to you. I will try to get the box in the mail tomorrow. Even if I am sick!!! Please have a good week. Try to forgive me!!
Your HORRIBLE KVVS pal!