Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Done!

I finished the socks! Last night, February 27. These pictures more accurately show the colorway and show the heart detail:




I'm not thrilled with the toe shaping, and on the sole, there's a distinctive line where I fixed the pattern; I'm hoping it will block out, but if not, who looks at the sole anyway? Aside from that, the socks are delicious! I just love, love, love the yarn and colorway (STR Bleeding Hearts). I love the pattern, too, which was well-written to boot (no pun intended). Although the pattern is not that visible because of the colorway, I know the hearts are there.

In the meantime, I'm still potty training and still careening toward a breakdown. I bought three more potties, so now we have two potties in the downstairs bathroom and two in the upstairs bathroom. Now the boys all want to go together, which is fine, because it gives everyone an incentive. On the other hand, I'm still having post-bedtime potty craziness, which makes me crazy. In the crib. Out of the crib. Screaming. Wanting the big potty. Wanting the little potty. Wanting the other little potty (note: all four potties are identical, which is pretty much the only way to operate at this point). Not wanting to wait one's turn. Having to wait one's turn. Not wanting one's turn to be over. Wanting a brother's turn. Wanting a brother to not have a turn. Believe, me, I want my turn to be over! I have imposed some rules and am having moderate success. However, by the time I'm finished with potty mania, I'm exhausted and have not been able to get much knitting done.

I know February is 2-3 days shorter than the other months, but it seems like I've lost a whole week. The boys turn three in two weeks (!), and I decided yesterday to make a family party this Saturday. So now I have to get party supplies and order a cake(s). I just can't imagine buying 3 regular-size cakes. I've got to figure something out.

I don't want to leave Baby Girl out of this post, because life is not all about the triplets. She's still so sweet, but her tantrums are out of this world, simply remarkable. She thinks it's her way or the highway! She's talking up a storm, and her vocabulary includes "Mallomar" and the WonderPets theme song (though her ABC's are coming along too). Fortunately for everyone, the weather has warmed up and melted enough snow so that we could knock ourselves out at the park--yay!

But back to knitting. I've been thinking about the Socktopia March themes, reviewing my stash and my sock patterns. Nothing is actively calling out to me like the February socks did. I've printed out the Socktopia newsletter with the March themes and walk around the house with it while I look at patterns online and in my books (is there such thing as a yarn geek?). I'm thinking of winding a few skeins and swatching, and then going from there. But I've got to get started--March is tomorrow!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi am leaving another note to your mom about the kogui blanket. I would slip as if to knit normally and not through the back loop in the instructions they did not seem to mention that. I have not had a chance to get back to the blanket but hopefully that will work for your mom.

Take care