Friday, February 23, 2007

Not so fast....

So, you know that little blocking problem with the Heart socks I mentioned in my last post? I took a deep breath and tried them on. They're beautiful! Except one sock is way too long. Like one pattern repeat too long. How could that have happened to someone as compulsive as me?! I count rows. I use a row counter. I make copious notes. This does not happen to me. Ever. I don't twist stitches in joining in the round. Only once in 10 years did I knit a portion of my first row with the tail end from the long tail cast on. The circular knitting jog? I didn't know what that was until I read about it. Not to brag or anything, but these things don't happen to me. Until now.

So here's the plan. I rip out the extra repeat and re-knit the sock. It shouldn't take that long. I take pictures before I do it so I can post on Socktopia. In the meantime, here it is:



If the top sock looks like it's longer than the bottom sock, that's because it is. And I think it's impossible to capture the pattern with my camera. Oh well!

I note that the discovery (or rather, confirmation) of this problem occurred on the day I received the yarn from Loop for that troublesome Koigu blanket mentioned in the last post. Coincidence?



Maybe I should just pick up the Babette blanket and work through a little crochet.

Oh, and by the way, after spending the better part of the morning at the pediatrician, we confirm that Baby Girl has a penicillin allergy. And once again, I have spent 40 minutes doing potty time at 9 p.m. And I didn't get to knit yesterday, and hope I can get some time in tonight.

No comments: