Saturday, February 3, 2007

Life is like a box of chocolates...

Ok. I went home at naptime. Brought all my sock yarn and sock patterns back to my mother's house. Spent an hour or so trolling the web for patterns. Swatched different yarns for different patterns. Nothing called to me. I was not having a good time.

So I made a decision: I'm continuing the sock. You know, the HeartStrings Heart socks in Bleeding Hearts colorway. I thought it was a good fit for the Socktopia theme of "Forever in my heart." Except, as I said in my previous post, I think it's too hard to see the hearts. And I'm concerned the instep will be too narrow. But I'm having too good a time with it to rip it out. So now, it will be a sock in the theme of "Life is like a box of chocolates," as in "you never know what you're gonna get."

1 comment:

gray la gran said...

i was late joining soctopia in january, so never knitted the january theme. i am knitting the february theme, but i don't know which "theme" i am knitting! i thought short & sweet, but my sock legs are about 7", not exactly short. hmmm ... hope i figure it out before the end of the month.
it's fun though :)
i look forward to seeing your fantastic str heart socks!