Sunday, February 11, 2007

Making time

It's been a busy eight days since my last post. The boys are in bed, but I'm sitting here listening to "Eeeeeeeee!" "No Eeeeeeeee!" "Eeeeeeeee!" "No Eeeeeeeee!" What can I say. Fortunately, they're moving on to singing now.

I'm really making time on the Heart socks. I'm two or three rows away from starting the heel flap on sock no. 2. The colors are just gorgeous! I really have to work on my photography and get some pictures up. And I am just loving Socks That Rock! I have some good knitting time coming up. I'm going to Philadelphia on Tuesday afternoon and will hopefully stay over, weather permitting. Tuesday evening is a college-sponsored alumni dinner and talk by an Egyptologist, followed by a private viewing of the King Tut exhibit. How cool is that?! I have been waiting for two years for the exhibit to come for Philadelphia, then my alma mater sponsors a special night!

Speaking of pictures to be taken, I've received wonderful, beautiful and soft sock yarn from Sophie's Toes that I must share. The colors are even better in person!

I also visited a new yarn store yesterday, Angelfire Studios . Justine is very cool. I bought Jitterbug, Colinette's new sock yarn (apparently, I can no longer resist sock yarn). I also bought two gorgeous skeins of Lobster Pot cashmere to make fingerless mitts. I'm clearly a yarn ho: I can't wear fingerless mitts this winter because my kitchen injury finger is sensitive to cold. Obviously, that's not holding me back. And the mitts will match a fabulous knitting gift I received (thanks, Mom!) that I can't discuss or post yet.

I'm also addicted to Etsy. I'm checking daily for new handpainted/hand-dyed sock yarns. I'm possessed!

1 comment:

gray la gran said...

yes, i understand the etsy addiction. i'm trying to stay away from that site.
hey, if you're knitting socks, there's no reason you wouldn't understand the lizard ridge instructions. it uses shortrows, and the instructions are very detailed. and if all else fails, that's what the lys, friends, and online videos are good for :)
happy knitting!
"Eeeeeeeee!"