Saturday, February 3, 2007

How's it going?

I was so good. I had the yarn: Socks That Rock lightweight in colorway Bleeding Hearts (it's not on the website), already wound. I had the pattern: HeartStrings Heart socks. I swatched--right on gauge, first time out! I knit the two-inch p2k2 ribbed cuff. It was GORGEOUS! I knit the 10-round Ribbing to Cuff Transition. I knit 20 of the 30 Cuff rounds. Then...the big question...could you see the hearts?

Not really. The yarn color, though unbelievably gorgeous, is too dark. I tried on the sock, such as it is. Still can't see the hearts. It needs a lighter color, a more muted colorway. I have to rip it out. I can't believe it! I'll try to post a picture before I rip.

This is clearly not a good knitting day. The woefully neglected baby blanket I'm using to learn continental knitting: too wide. I'm going to drop a needle size, but I'm so not in the mood to cast on for it again.

The popover mittens that I've ripped down to the thumb gusset and re-knit? I'm still short stitches for the index finger. So I called Rosie's Yarn Cellar and will get a call tomorrow from either Lisa or Courtney for a consult.

So on top of this, my knitting time is slipping away. I'm camped out this morning at Mom's with an upper respiratory tract infection--prime knitting time--and she and I are still trying to recover from Baby Girl's fall down Mom's basement stairs yesterday. The good news is that Baby Girl is completely fine, I can't even find a bruise attributable to the fall down 12 steps (she did get checked out by the doctor, of course), but Mom and I are completely traumatized. The knitting is a good distraction, but now I have nothing to work on. And I'm not ready to go home and get more yarn.

Here's the plan: I'm home in about 45 minutes to dose two children, I'll pick up all my sock yarn and patterns and bring them back to Mom's to sort out. Hopefully I'll get something going.

No comments: