Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Knitalong status--did I make it?

So it's January 31. Did I make it? Did I finish my two knitalong projects?

Well, I finished the socks. Totally down to the wire. I posted the pictures last night. The pictures are here. (I took the photos and downloaded them at my mom's house, so I have no idea how to import them into the blog). I'm pretty happy with them. Next time I make this pattern, I'll do 4 pattern repeats for the cuff; I think I'd like them a little longer. I'm not loving how I seamed the toe, but it's more than good enough. Now I just have to block them. I know, they're shown on the blockers, but I did that for photo purposes. I definitely need to learn how to take better photos.

The Square-along square didn't make it. With all my sock setbacks and illnesses in the house, I just couldn't get to it. This is why I don't make many commitments.

In the meantime, I went back to a UFO, the Rosie Knits Popover Gloves & Hat in Alchemy Alpaca Pure, color Cherry Tart. It's probably 1-2 months since I've worked on them. I had worked the first mitten up to the index finger before I put it aside. Last night I picked it up and realized I was short several stitches and could not figure out where to find them. In my search for the lost stitches, I realized I did not like how I picked up the stitches at the base of the completed fingers. So now I'm ripping, hopefully to the thumb gusset, but worst case scenario, down to the cuff.

I've also brought down a baby blanket to work on. It's been sorely neglected and the baby is coming in May. The pattern is a 2-stitch rib, so it's the perfect opportunity to learn to knit continental. I just have to remember how to knit continental, or get the website from my mom.

Coming full circle, it is January 31, which means it's time to plan for February's socks. So I will pick yarn from the stash and a pattern, and will swatch either tonight or tomorrow. And February's a short month! Ack!

No comments: