Thursday, January 18, 2007

Knitting right along into the next knitalong

This is my post from 1/18; Blogger flipped out and apparently, it was not posted, so here it goes...


So after a night of getting up every few hours to check on Baby Girl, who decided to spike a fever of 104.5 at dinnertime, I decided to forego the diaper shopping I intended to do while the boys were in school this morning and took some time out to knit with my regular knitting companion, Mom. We reviewed my new double-pointed needles which just arrived from Knit Picks. Definitely an "A." I tried out the size 3s on Mom's Debbie Bliss toddler sock (her first foray into knitting socks) and she enjoyed them as well. And we had a first: I modified the pattern! Really, all I did was to tell her to slip the first stich on each row of her heel flap to make picking up the gusset easier, but it was a first! And I may even branch out from there on other patterns.

I also finally had the time (as ridiculous as this sounds) to examine the color card for Knit Picks' Telemark yarn, which I ordered because I'm intending to knit Pirate Mittens. I never thought I'd ever buy a color card, but these days, with my difficulties in getting to yarn stores and with my growing penchant for ordering yarn online, I've decided that I need color cards if I'm going to order online.

I also showed her the sock blockers I bought. Yes, I bit the bullet and ordered sock blockers from The Loopy Ewe. I added some sock patterns and was hardly able to resist the Sweet Georgia yarns. Can't wait for that package to come!

While relaxing and knitting my sock, I decided to go online and see what was new over at Testalong and found...a new Knitalong Testalong! And I was automatically in because I did the Socks 101 Knitalong! Of course, I talked Mom into signing up, and now, I just have to dig up some yarn.

After packing all this knitting excitement into one hour, I picked the boys up from school, whereupon Boy J obviously was developing a health problem--he was gooey! We spent lunchtime at the doctor's office, and he was so good natured, eating his grilled cheese and apple slices out of a plastic sandwich bag while we waited to be seen. And after giving him a wooden train to play with, he kept asking if I had one for Boy E and one for Boy M (which, of course, being the mother of triplets, I did). End result: sinus problem with eye involvement, requiring antibiotics and eye drops. Man, was he a trooper when I put the drops in; I'm not sure how good he'll be tomorrow. That's ok--I obviously need another challenge. Unfortunately, this trip consumed all of my naptime knitting time.

I posted a picture of my partially completed Monkey sock on the Socktopia flickr group and got such lovely comments--my first comments! It gives me some hope for this blog. Maybe, one day, I'll have blog readers other than my Mom and my sister. Though I don't expect anyone else to be particularly interested. But who knows!

No comments: