Monday, January 8, 2007

Making the Leap

Ok, I just sent an email to join Socktopia. I made a commitment to knit socks every month! I actually raided my stash and swatched a very vibrant skein of Schaefer Yarn Anne today during nap time; I'm not sure how it will fit into any of the month's themes, but what the heck! I'm sure I'll figure something out.

I also received my order from Angelika's Yarn Shop. Gorgeous Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb in Iris Garden for Clapotis, and Shepherd's Sport (I think) or whatever weight I need to learn how to knit socks on two circular needles as per Nenah Galati's DVD. I have so much to start, but then nothing will get finished, so I think the socks will take priority. Now, if I could just figure out what theme I can get my yarn and pattern (not yet chosen) to fall under.

2 comments:

Embryo1 said...

Ok, my first comment on my first blog ever...but as your youngest sister, occasional childcare assistant and pinch knitter (the family term for emergency knitting assistance), I must show my support...

Of course, I'm also freaking out to read that you have committed to finishing a pair of socks EVERY month... What are you thinking?? :) I'm sure you are going to seduce me into this, especially since I've already been admiring the Socks that Rock colors. I can't believe you have to pick a theme in addition to everything else - what's with the pressure??

I've completed one project on vacation with mom and dad -the coolest pirate tote from Hello Yarn (http://www.helloyarn.com/bigskulltote.htm). Please keep in mind that this is NOT one of the 6 projects I brought with me, but a new purchase. Still working on how to make mine look like her picture, but it is cute. If I knew how to add photos to a blog, I would add it but I'll just show it to you when I get home tomorrow...

Can't wait to see your next post.

mpsych said...

I am in awe of your ability to enter socktopia given your committments. Have you selected your patterns? Good luck.