Saturday, January 13, 2007

Moving right along

Today was a big day in knitting. I finished the cuff:



I dropped three repeats off the pattern because I like a shorter cuff. Since I've taken the photo, I've knit almost the entire heel flap. I did have a minor setback though: I lost a needle. As a result, I switched from knitting on four needles to knitting on three. Not a big deal, except the pattern is a 16 stitch repeat over 64 stitches, so it's easier to knit it on four needles. Fortunately, I was able to find stitch markers and maintain the pattern on three needles. The good news is that the lost needle turned up at my parents' house (I had brought the kids over to play and was able to squeeze in some knitting with all the adults around). The needle was recovered after I started the heel, so I won't need it again until I get to the gusset.

I also bit the bullet and ordered the KnitPicks dpns in sizes 0-3 so that I don't run into gauge trouble again. It's hard to get gauge when you don't have all the needle sizes you might need!

As you can see, I also learned how to post photos to the blog. Unfortunately, I need to learn how to take better photos. Here is the Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in Iris Garden that I bought for Clapotis:

I bet you thought there would be a picture here. So did I. Looks like that's a project for another time.

Moving right along, I finally found my Socktopia invite on flickr, so I got myself in the group. This novice blogger/novice knitalonger thing is slowing me down; I'm totally out of the loop on this web stuff. Guess I'll have to learn as I go.

3 comments:

Embryo1 said...

The socks look great! And you posted a picture within the block. When did you reach superhero status? I just left you two days ago!!

Where is the clapotis pattern? I'd like to look up the next suicide mission you've begun...

xoxo

Embryo1 said...

oops, I meant to say how great it was that you published the photo in the BLOG.

mpsych said...

The sock is just beautiful. What a great color! Keep up the good work and hurry up with the photo of the yarn for the clap.